In order to use Outlook Mobile Service (OMS), you will first need to create a fastsms account. If you haven’t already done that, click here to find out how.
Secondly, you will need to check that you are using a compatible version of Microsoft Outlook; OMS is only available with Outlook 2007 & 2010. Though it was discontinued in Outlook 2013 you can still send & receive text messages through any email client using our Email to SMS solution.
Step 2: Follow the on screen instructions.
If you have a virtual mobile number you can choose to receive replies directly to your Outlook inbox, but if you don’t you can still send from Outlook and receive replies back to your mobile phone number.
Once you have decided how to receive replies you will be guided through the process by your Outlook application, the following is a brief outline of what you will see…
- You will click to begin the Outlook Mobile Service setup
- You will then be asked if you want to allow access to open Microsoft Outlook Mobile Service, please select “Allow“.
- Microsoft Office Outlook will ask you if you want to add an account in Microsoft Office Outlook for this web service (oms://api2.outlookmobileservices.co.uk/fastsms/service.asmx), please select “Yes“.
- Please enter you fastsms username in “User ID” and your fastsms password in “Password” and “Test Account Settings“
- Select “More Settings” and enter the mobile number you would like to use for sending/receiving and click “OK“
- Click “OK” to return to fastsms
NB: You will need to restart Microsoft Outlook for the changes to take effect.
If you’ve followed these steps you should now be ready to send your first message using Outlook Mobile Service, if you had any problems contact us or click here for solutions to common problems.