It’s quick and easy to send a text message using Email To SMS by following this simple format…
1. To: enter the mobile number(s) you would like to send the message to
- numbers must be entered as firstname.lastname@example.org (where 07123456789 is the phone number)
- multiple numbers must be separated in the same way you would email addresses; this is dependent on your email client but is usually a comma or a semi-colon (e.g. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org etc.)
2. Subject: enter your text label. This is who the message will appear to be from on the recipients phone.
- many users choose to use their company name or the subject of the message
- this cannot exceed 11 characters
- must contain no spaces
- if you add your Virtual Mobile Number here you will enable replies straight back to your email via SMS to email
3. Message Body: this must be in plain text format and structured as follows for your message to be sent…
- Line 1 – your fastsms username
- Line 2 – your fastsms email2sms token (shown in your Settings)
- Line 3 – the message you would like to send to the recipient’s mobile phone (messages exceeding 160 characters will cost additional credits)
NB: Messages spanning more than 160 characters, sent to landlines or non-UK mobile numbers may cost additional credits.